We have had a number of clients retire to college towns. These are the most popular reasons.
- Universities offer some of the most interesting and diverse continuing education
- A university with a strong NCAA team is energizing to the community. Go Wildcats!
- Patrons of the arts and sciences can enjoy high quality theater, music, dance and lectures at minimal cost
- Guest speakers on a variety of topics and experiences are invited to speak throughout the year
- Small university communities feel big as they attract high quality stores and restaurants
- Amazing infrastructure is developed in support of the university and extends to the community, such as healthcare, communications, and public transportation
The primary reason for most retirees is to be closer to extended family in the same area. Selecting the right college town takes some research. Big 10 universities can seem overwhelming to some, while small private colleges can lack some of the features you look forward to.